Re: [lro] Re: [rro] defender body on RR chassis...

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 16:07:40 EST

    On 3/16/03 9:22 AM, "Peter Ogilvie" <roverhi@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Taller is not
    > necessarily better.

    Too true, try telling that to the Samoan mofos here with their Toyota HiLux
    trucks raised 2' (to start with). It gets annoying after a while. All the
    chrome suspension bits that give it away as a "show truck" are the icing on
    the cake. I don't know if you have them down on the big island...

    >Around here, taller usually does
    > not equate with offroad capability or actual use
    > offroad, but just the opposite.

    Around here, I think that "taller pickup" has replaced owning a corvette or
    camaro to make up for anatomical deficiencies. Offroad use? Ha.

    ;-)

    --pat.

    (Trying to get down to the big island end-of-the-month)