Re: [lro] Backfire

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 16:06:07 EST

    --- Paul Schultz <pschultz@vcmails.com> wrote:
    > However, the truck was backfiring occasionally when
    > I first was
    > under way. It seemed that this went away once the engine
    > was warmed up.

    Neither, initially. I'd be more likely to suspect that you
    disturbed either the exhaust manifold seal to the engine or
    the header pipe to exhaust manifold, if the backfiring and
    sputtering was happening on overrun.

    If it was happening power-on, then crossfiring from the
    wires or timing? Had a set of wires did that under load
    once...try repositioning the leads away from each other.

                ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://webhosting.yahoo.com