Re: [lro] Re: [rro] defender body on RR chassis...

From: Mike Rogers (MikeRogers@mattishall.org.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 14:17:19 EST

    > Not all my body parts will be Defender but the front clip and bonnet
    will
    > be. Other club members convinced me to shorten my hybrid frame as we're
    > building it to 90".
    > The top of the tub is
    > almost to my collar bone and I'm 5'10". Hey JL, how high off the ground
    is
    > the top of you tub? Your truck looked pretty high off the ground in the
    > pics.

    Be careful of building it too high, or you run into problems with things
    like steering and gear shift. The datum I used when building my hybrid was
    that the transmission tunnel just fitted over the top of the gearbox.

    Mike Rogers
    www.Mattishall.org.uk
    Lightweight/Range Rover Hybrid
    2A TD+I
    Keeper of the UK LRO "Who's where" list
    "If you can't get there in a Land Rover, you can't get there.