Re: [lro] Overbore 2.25?

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Sat Mar 29 2003 - 15:13:31 EST

    >I'm beginning to think the best all round approach would be weight reduction
    >(Keith Tanners spidey sense just went off lol) along with a mild powerup of
    >the 2.25 rather than a complete engine swap which was my original long term
    >plan.

    Ha! Matt knows that I'm spending all my time right now shaving ounces out
    of our Miata race car. When I did my frame swap, I was appalled at all the
    extra weight I was adding to the truck - the old frame was made of
    thin-wall steel. At least it was when i took it out. I do give careful
    thought about where various heavy items like a box of recovery gear is
    going to go, but I haven't cornerweighted the Rover. Yet.

    There's a big difference in scoot when you take off the hardtop. And
    there's even a noticeable reduction in drag with the spare on the back
    instead of on the bonnet. Not that you'd notice the drag offroad...

    Keith