Re: [lro] Overbore 2.25?

From: apsilon (apsilon@optusnet.com.au)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 23:52:55 EST

    > I did add a header and 2bbl Weber, which helped a little too.

    Was that Weber a direct bolt up to the stock manifold?

    I'm beginning to think the best all round approach would be weight reduction
    (Keith Tanners spidey sense just went off lol) along with a mild powerup of
    the 2.25 rather than a complete engine swap which was my original long term
    plan.

    The soft top will help to reduce weight but I think a smaller and perhaps
    alloy bullbar will move up the list of things to do. The Turner Engineering
    performance head might be worth while depending on how the final price
    worked out. Should provide about 10% more power and allow me to use unleaded
    safely. Follow that up with a 1mm overbore later and if I still want more
    then look at stroking and carb.

    Hmm, I need more money.

    Thanks all,
    Matt.