Re: [lro] OT - British Registration Letters

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 21:20:20 EST

    >He was also quite enthralled with the number of types of plates we have here
    >such as Veteran, Firefighter, CSU Alumni etc. I mailed him the firefighter
    >plates that came off my Passat so he could show his friends.

    I'm convinced that Colorado allows you to design your own plate. Bring in a
    sketch and they'll make it for you. Purple Heart, Honorably Discharged Vet
    (the dishonorably discharged don't get a special plate), Pearl Harbor
    survivor (which cannot be used on a hearse), former POW, Firefighter, CSU,
    Nature, Historic, Horseless carriage, Greyhound lovers light truck...it's
    boggling. Even the choices of white mountains/green sky, green
    mountains/white sky, artist's impression of mountains - it just goes on and
    on. I just checked at
    http://www.mv.state.co.us/titlereg/registration/plates/index.html - there
    are 87 different styles of plate available.

    Keith