Re: [lro] Forward control question

From: Peter Hope (peterhope@charter.net)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 11:50:12 EST

    > You're running a torquey 6 and want to run 9.00-16s? I'm running a
    torquey V8
    > and 35s and have yet (two years) to have a problem with my stock front
    end. If
    > you are running an open diff I don't think you'll have a problem with the
    diff.
    > If you run an aftermarket carrier (ARB, Detroit) then you have even less
    reason
    > to be concerned.

    Aloha J-L. If this helps, Lonns truck is very nice and is very impressive
    watching it come up a hill that was intended to be a winch up obstacle. The
    drive line performed great (we wont talk about radiators in this thread).

    I am still running a series front end with an open rangy center section. I
    have been beating the everliving crap out of the rig. Why use finess when
    you have 300lbs of torgue?

    I am going to the sals front because:
    1. I want 4.1 gears, much cheaper getting a dana R&P then a rover one
    2. front and rear will be the same, comanality of parts, lockers, etc.
    3. disc brakes
    4. I think it looks kewl. h00t!!

    Pete