[lro] disappearing series parts

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 12:01:47 EST

    I have mentioned this to the group a few times over the past year but
    now it is happening with a vengeance.

    Rover is mostly no longer sourcing new series parts. As warehouse
    stock runs out genuine parts are becoming NLA at an alarming rate. I
    wrote the current British Pacific series catalogue and will be going
    though it soon dropping out whole pages worth of parts and inserting
    NLA next to a bunch more.

    You can assume parts available as genuine only will be gone by the end
    of '03 unless a retailer has a big stash of them.

    Many of these parts will not be provided by after market suppliers
    because the series market is not big enough to justify the cost of
    tooling.

    As I mentioned before it is a good idea to go completely through your
    rig and order anything available as genuine only that is not in very
    good condition.

    Also for those of you who do not feel that coilers are too new fangled,
    expect genuine Classic Range Rover parts to start becoming NLA from
    Rover over the next year too.

    If it is not from a Defender, or '95 & newer Range Rover you will most
    likely not be able to get genuine parts for it unless it is new old
    stock by the end of '03.

    Welcome to the orphan classic British car hobby.

    TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    Santa Cruz, California
      http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

    A member of the internet community since 1985.