Re: [lro] Series SWB Body on a RR Frame

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 14:31:20 EST

    Bradley writes: >>> The ones I have seen in the LR mags were usually D-90
    bodies.<<<

    not usually, they just look like it..
     Don't forget that in the UK we have a huge collection of spare body parts,
    people give away Series bodies.
     Standard procedure for a 100 inch is SWB front end. Eyebrows from a 90/110
    and bonnet from the same. Then a cut down LWB rear body, again with eyebrows
    from 90/110...
     This can be a very cheap way of doing things.
     Yeah, you can fit a complete 90 body, but you would have to stretch the
    rear. Think double the cost. Same if you cut down a 110 body.

    The worst things you see on the roads are Series motors where someone has
    bought a 90/110 bonnet (sorry, hood) front panel and set of eyebrows and
    just fitted them.
     The wheelbase is different and they just look sad.

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank