[lro] Series SWB Body on a RR Frame

From: Bradley_Harris@aigag.com
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:59:47 EST

    Anybody done this without cutting the frame down to 88 inches? I know I've
    seen vehicles like this in LRO. The ones I have seen in the LR mags were
    usually D-90 bodies. Even though the wheelbase went from 88" to 92", aren't
    the bodies of the series SWB and the D-90 essentially the same (except for
    the breakfast, bonnet, hood and stuff)? Scooter - is my memory correct that
    you were doing this? The end result would be a 100" series SWB with very
    little body overhang past the wheels. I am sure cutting and shaping of
    wheel arches would be required. I realize I could also use a LWB body and
    cut a little off the front and rear of the rear bed.

    Thanks,

    Brad H.