Re: [lro] Still allowed on the list?

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 13:53:51 EST

    "Lonn Howard" wrote:

    > Let me answer this one for you Bryan... the Land Rover is
    > our snakeskin coat.
    > (think Nicolas Cage, not sure which movie)

    From a white paper on the topic:

    "In Wild at Heart gender seems rather stereotypical (cf the
    recitals in My own private Idaho): Sailors rebellious
    masculinity is overdone with lots of references to other
    road movies, not least through his snakeskin jacket (cf the
    Marlon Brando-film The Fugitive Kind (1960)), which he
    repeatedly asserts is a symbol of my individuality and
    belief in personal freedom. Lula wriggles in and out of
    tight black miniskirts and bras and pulls her hands through
    her hair in the stylized movements of a pin-up."

    This is the kind of thing, frankly, that confuses me. I'll
    be in the corner for awhile.

    Bryan