RE: [lro] Leaky rangie?

From: Cork Robert (CorkRobert@JohnDeere.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:42:32 EST

    Alan,
    I would look at the front of the radiator core near the side tanks. On my
    truck I had millions (okay, maybe hundreds) of tiny little pinholes. I
    never saw a drip of coolant under the truck, but I used a tank of coolant
    every other day. That is until one day when it ran out and blew the head
    gaskets. My advise is to pull the radiator out and take it to the local
    radiator repair shop. The place I went to pressurized it and let me see all
    the tiny holes by holding it under water. They had a core made and
    installed in less than 24 hours. I think it cost me $300 or $350. The
    obvious sign that I missed was that the front side of the core appeared to
    have a greenish salt buildup on it. Of course I had to pull it from the
    truck to see this.

    Best of luck, and be careful or you will blow the head gaskets.
    Robert