Re: [lro] Fuel Gauge has gone mad?

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 10:41:42 EST

    --- brian <brdelab@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > When I put the test lamp on the harness
    > that connects to the
    > fuel sender, the gauge registers a reading. When I test
    > lamp to the back of
    > the fuel gauge where the green and black wire connects
    > to, I get a pulsing
    > light and the gauge registers.

    Ground the wire going to the sender. If the gauge registers
    full, it and the harness are fine.

    From the sound of things, I'd go measure the resistance of
    the sender - it does not sound happy to me.. Also, make
    sure the sender and tank are grounded properly.

                  ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com