[lro] Bellhousing Bolt Pattern

From: Bradley_Harris@aigag.com
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 11:53:15 EST

    I am looking at starting the next step on my diesel conversion for my
    Series 3 109. Are there any resources out there that gives patterns or
    measurements for different bolt patterns for bellhousings? The engine I
    have is mated to many different vehicles in Brazil and other countries and
    I am not sure which transmission fits up to my engine. The engine has the
    timing gears in the rear and the area around the flywheel where the
    bellhousing bolts to unbolts. Different rear plates can be used to match
    different bolt patterns depending upon the application. Ford purchased the
    engine from the manufacturer so it might match a Ford bolt pattern.

    My next step would be to see if I can find a part number on the rear engine
    plate and contact the manufacturer and see if they can tell me what it is
    designed to fit. Or purchase a new rear plate to fit whatever transmission
    I want to use. The last resort is to just re-tap the plate for a
    transmission I want to use.

    Any ideas?

    Brad H.