RE: [lro] Leaky rangie?

From: Bryan Hoult (bhoult@peoplepc.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 12:24:57 EST

    On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, "Todd Schlemmer" wrote:

    > Drain your oil

    I recently experienced a head gasket leak that was steam
    venting to the engine compartment, rather than into
    combustion chamber(s). It was interesting in that it was
    gulping coolant, but there wasn't the usual vapor in the
    exhaust or water in the oil. As long as I kept the radiator
    full, the vehicle was totally drivable. The interior would
    fog fairly quickly from the steam getting sucked in through
    the HVAC, though. So, I'm with the consensus that the head
    will need to be sanded flat and a new gasket installed - if
    there is such a consensus.

    Bryan