Re: [lro] Fuel Switch

From: andreadavide@tiscali.it
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 10:16:47 EST

    Bradley_Harris@aigag.com wrote:

    > Since I am converting my 109 petrol to diesel I need to work out the fuel
    > return lines to the tanks. I have the twin military front tanks with the
    > selector switch on the front of the seat box.

    <cut>

    Converting to Diesel UAZs (Soviet military landrovers) poses the same problem:
    two tanks, a switch and a return line.
    The usual solution is to plumb the return line to a tank and keep all the
    remaining things as stock.
    When you empty the main (i.e. the one with the return line) tank you switch to
    the other one. In a few dozen of kms its content will be partly used by the
    engine, partly transferred to the main tank via the return line, then you
    switch back to the main tank. The only problem is to keep free from air the
    pipe in the auxiliary tank.
    Sometimes people tend to forget about the need toswitch back to the main and
    they end up on the roadside bleeding the bloody thing, but you may give it a
    try, this solution being the one that requires less alterations from the stock
    layout.
    Andrea