Re: [lro] preparation for a trip

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 13:46:26 EST

    --- TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com> wrote:

    > I think you are missing a very important category:
    > Fixings.

    Agreed. 100%. Miss Jess and Mr. C both have a flat plastic
    compartment box containing a representative sample of grade
    8 hardware, sheet metal screws, Lucars, barrels, spade
    connectors, short lengths of wire, shrink tubing, cotter
    pins and all sorts of miscellany I've fgound useful at one
    time or another.

    As the whole bloody hit is only the size of a legal sheet
    of paper and 2 inches thick it's not an encumbrance. It
    fits nicely in the underseat toolkit.

    Fluids - ditto - oil, brake,90-wt, gasket goos of various
    sorts all in adequate quantities to CYA as necessary. Spare
    brake hose, rebuild kits for hydraulics (very small and
    have bailed folks out more than once) and a gasket set for
    the engine. Ask Dave Scheidt about that last one.....8*)

    Funny thing is - many times I'm not the one that ends up
    using this stuff - other folks do.

    THing is, other than the toolkit I carry out of general
    paranoia none of this is large or takes up a lot of space.

    I hate being stuck - and with this mess I never really have
    been.

           aj"Not afraid to go where FedEx can't find me"r

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://launch.yahoo.com/u2