Re: [lro] preparation for a trip

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Nov 11 2002 - 14:16:24 EST

    >--- TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com> wrote:
    >
    >> I think you are missing a very important category:
    > > Fixings.

    >Fluids - ditto - oil, brake,90-wt, gasket goos of various
    >sorts all in adequate quantities to CYA as necessary. Spare
    >brake hose, rebuild kits for hydraulics (very small and
    >have bailed folks out more than once) and a gasket set for
    >the engine. Ask Dave Scheidt about that last one.....8*)

    As I remember, the toolkit was missing a torque wrench. Of course,
    so's the one I carry around. A few things I carry that I haven't
    seen mentioned are a butane soldering iron, solder, flux, and butane.
    While I do carry around crimpable connectors, it's nice to be able
    to take off one of the factory solder ends, fix the wire, and put it
    back, or to do splices that are more complicated than butt
    connections. I also make sure I have new, unopened tubes of blue
    RTV and permatex #1 (the non-hardening one). It's really sucky to
    find out your RTV has cured in the tube, and you can't get it out.
    In winter, I also make sure I have several of the disposable
    handwarmer things. Even if you're working on a truck that's running,
    if it's 0F, you'll thank yourself.

    > aj"Not afraid to go where FedEx can't find me"r

    Fed-Ex does deliver to "the white Land-Rover, license xxxxxx, at
    the westbound rest area on I90, mile X."

    David