LRO: Series clutch problems

From: TurowskiM@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 16:57:55 EDT

    OK.
    68 SIIA 109. Driving down the road, come to a stop sign, go to press the
    clutch pedal down.......no dice...no movement what so ever. Put in low, 3rd,
    creep home and park it.

    Check out the slave, the piston is out of the sleeve, the adjustment rod is
    broken. I think no problem, replace slave cyl and rod, and I' ll be back in
    business. Replace what appeared to be broken parts, go to bleed system, and
    once pressure builds the pedal refuses to budge (unless I release the bleed
    screw...then pedal travels down to floor)

    Well, I figure replace the master as I have a spare. Master replaced, system
    bled, and same symptoms with the pedal as pressure builds. Now I blow out
    the lines with air. (oh yeah, the flex line to the slave is new and replaced
    at the same time the slave was)

    Blew out the lines no obstructions, just fluid came out onto rag, and I blew
    the lines in both directions. Go to bleed system, get pressure, and the
    pedal still refuses to go down. I can manually push the piston within the
    slave, the linkage to the clutch receives no direction from the slave and can
    be moved around by hand as it isn't frozen. The adjustment rod is adjusted
    per manual (3" or so I don't remember)

    So what gives? Help is requested as I am going thru withdrawals by not
    driving my 109.

    Matt & "the Marlin Perkins Mobile"