Re: LRO: best way to clean crap out of engine

From: TurowskiM@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 16:42:42 EDT

    Jim,
    If you're talking about the inside of the motor, after assembly throw in a
    pint of ATF in the oil for a couple of quick oil changes. It works on the
    same principle as some of the BG products. Breaks down the sludge. I use
    the technique at every oil change prior to draining, I add the pint, run
    motor for approx. 20 minutes and drain. After a few treatments (regular
    scheduled oil changes) the old oil appears to be still usable (I know it
    isn't) as it isn't as dark as 3-4k oil usually is.

     i.e. the inside of the valve cover no longer has that dry, thin film of
    brown, oil discolored crust the times I changed the gasket.

    oh yeah, I do this to my 109 and 91 RR (coiler content.....just to instigate
    and add some fuel to the fire...how funny) :--)

    Matt & "the Marlin Perkins Mobile"