Re: LRO: Pertronix

From: Stephen West-Fisher (steve@coastaldatasystems.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 17:19:48 EDT

    Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus wrote:

    > And figuring out I don't have any
    > timing marks! (unless they're way off on the flywheel.)
    >
    > Replacement flywheel, maybe?

    When I bought my II, someone had replaced the flywheel and clutch
    assembly with the IIa 9.5" stuff, leaving no timing marks. I just put
    some fingernail polish (I'm the token male at home) on the pully and the
    case for TDC and experimented until I found a good setting. The clutch
    didn't last long, so I found a proper 9" flywheel and changed back to
    the 9" clutch.