Re: LRO: Pertronix

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Fri Apr 13 2001 - 18:02:09 EDT

    On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Stephen West-Fisher wrote:

    :Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus wrote:
    :>
    :> And figuring out I don't have any
    :> timing marks! (unless they're way off on the flywheel.)
    :>
    :> Replacement flywheel, maybe?
    :
    :When I bought my II, someone had replaced the flywheel and clutch
    :assembly with the IIa 9.5" stuff, leaving no timing marks. I just put
    :some fingernail polish (I'm the token male at home) on the pully and the
    :case for TDC and experimented until I found a good setting. The clutch
    :didn't last long, so I found a proper 9" flywheel and changed back to
    :the 9" clutch.

    Timing marks are for the weak. I was just worried that the timing was
    changed enough that it wouldn't start. It did, and I just timed by ear, in
    my usual fashion.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.