LRO: Re: Wasted youth (was parts availability, etc.)

From: Macka (macka.andy@clear.net.nz)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 00:53:10 EDT

    The below statement from Marin is quite staggering, down here in New
    Zealand we have learnt of the US President's new stance on the Kyoto
    agreement....surely this is a view held by the President and his advisors?
    Surely not all Americans hold a view similar to Marin's which is arrogant
    and selfish in the extreme.

    If this is the attitude of the worlds only superpower then indeed the human
    race faces a uncertain and possibly fatal future.

    (Sorry for the non LR content)

    Andrew "Macka" MacGowan
    NZLRO Moderator

    1952 Series I 80" ex NZ Army
    1971 Series IIA 88" "Skippy" Ex NZ Army
    1972 Series IIA 109 Ex NZ Red Cross
    1974 Series III 109 Truck Cab Flat Deck

    >As for "making a better world for our kids," why should I worry about them?
    After
    >I'm gone to whatever's next, what happens here is of no consequence to me.
    So what
    >if the world's out of energy, the ozone layer's gone, and humans are baking
    to death
    >in the sun. I had to solve the problems in my life, and when today's young
    people grow up,
    >they can solve the problems in theirs. Only I don't have much hope that
    they will. Humans,
    >like dinosaurs, will see their days end, and we'll be replaced by.....
    what? It'd be interesting
    >to know.
    >
    >One thing I do know, they'll be too smart to be driving old Land Rovers.
    :-)