Re: LRO: Re: Wasted youth (was parts availability, etc.)

From: Gbrovers@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 10:22:13 EDT

    In a message dated 4/5/01 12:38:29 AM, konacoffee2@hotmail.com writes:

    << Global warming is not a fact. There has been a very slight increase in
    temperature but its way too soon to tell if that is a normal variation in
    the temperature of the earth or an actual long term trend. >>

    Peter
        Global warming is not a proven fact but it is an undisputable fact that
    the percentage of CO2 in the atmosphere has dramaticly risen since the start
    of the industrial revolution and the trend is accelerating.
        To claim to know exactly what effect this is going to have on the
    environment i.e. global warming vs a new ice age is intellectualy arrogant
    but on the other hand to claim it is not going to have any effect is idiotic
    and indefensible.
        The problem with waiting to see what the net result is going to be is
    that by the time we know for sure, it may be too late to do much.
        Unlike Marin, who doesn't have any children, and doesn't seem to give a
    flying f___ what happens after he is gone, I have 3, ages 2 thru 18 and I do
    care.

    Bill
    GBR
    47 and an uncynical old fart