LRO: Non rover question, but still about British Iron...

From: Coates, Clinton (CCoates@golder.com)
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 00:11:59 EDT

    A friend of mine has a 1977 MG Midget he is trying to get running. It has
    an electronic ignition module of some sort that is not working and he cannot
    find a replacement. Apparently, they only made these for two years. Now, I
    do not know much about these vehicles, but I am hoping someone here might be
    able to point me in the right place. The way I see it, he has a few
    options, depending on the dizzy (is it a variant of the lucas 24D4 that we
    all love?)

    1) fix the module. NOt likely to happen
    2) find a working module from a wreck. I bet these are gone a decade ago
    3) find a used module (or new?) from the UK.
    4) convert the dizzy to point and condensor
    5) put in a pertronix, crane or what have you ignition module.

    If the dizzy is a 24D4 then number 5 sounds like a very attractive option.
    Anybody have any ideas, suggestions, or links to someone who does?

    Best regards

    Clinton