Re: [lro] viscous fan

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 15:50:47 EST

    Craig writes: >>> I think I've met you, and several of your
    digitally-challenged friends,
    > at work. When and where did you last get this x-rayed?<<<<

     must be 20 years ago, where you working at Rochdale Infirmary at the time?
    In Lancashire, England...

    > PPS WHY did you even try it? What were you thinking? (Or not
    > thinking, as the case may be?) This is not meant in any derogatory
    > way, I've just always wondered what goes through peoples heads when <<<

    One of those things. I'm helping an old lady out who's car won't start...
    She, for some reason known only to her and the Almighty, turned the key at
    an inoportune moment. I actually saw a lump of finger fly past my face at
    the same time as I was thinking 'oh blinking heck, that smarts a bit' (or
    words to that effect).

    She went into hysterics, I wrapped the only rag I had in my Lightweight
    around the finger and drove to the hospital, virtually one-handed.

    They did a great job of sewing it back together, all you can see now is a
    pretty horrible scar, and the end of the finger is a bit squishy as some
    bone went as well.

    I never did get her car started!

    Best Cheers

     Frank