Re: [lro] viscous fan

From: Paul Archibald (androbus@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 16:45:36 EST

    --- Frank Elson <frank.elson@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    > Craig writes: >>> I think I've met you, and several of
    > your
    > digitally-challenged friends,
    > > at work. When and where did you last get this
    > x-rayed?<<<<
    >
    > must be 20 years ago, where you working at Rochdale
    > Infirmary at the time?
    > In Lancashire, England...
    >

    > > PPS WHY did you even try it? What were you thinking?
    > (Or not
    > > thinking, as the case may be?) This is not meant in
    > any derogatory
    > > way, I've just always wondered what goes through
    > peoples heads when <<<
    >
    > One of those things. I'm helping an old lady out who's
    > car won't start...
    > She, for some reason known only to her and the Almighty,
    > turned the key at
    > an inoportune moment. I actually saw a lump of finger fly
    > past my face at
    > the same time as I was thinking 'oh blinking heck, that
    > smarts a bit' (or
    > words to that effect).
    ooh! brings back memories fo my childhood in
    Huntingtonshire in early seventies....pretty assistant
    teacher was having me help her cut up paper for an art
    project with that BIIG paper chopper....ugh! ;-( had to
    dig around for the bloody digit and they rushed her off to
    the hospital this time...previous time was me and a the
    apparent normal rover owner first blunt-heat trauma
    incident! that's another story....american children were
    treated different in England...

    ..oh and no..I was not pulling down teh lever on the pape
    cutter. I did learn a few choice words that I would never
    have expected from a lady though! ;-0 it too was
    re-attached successfully to disprove teh horror stories
    about british hospitals..

    Paul (funny how it doesn't hurt as much until you looka t
    it, huh?)