Re: [lro] Alternate part front swivel U-joint.

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 09:12:39 EST

    > the problem with crossing part numbers is that they change. If GKN
    > has changed their part numbering system, the old numbers get dropped
    > from other makers cross-reference lists. That's why it's handy to
    > have the (mundane) application for the part. If you know it fits a
    > '74 Unthank Dragon, you'll be able to get regardless of what vendor
    > you buy from and when.

    Oh, OK. Then the application is a 1960 Land Rover Dormobile. That
    should help them find it in their books.

      I last checked all my bearing and seal numbers with a auto parts store
    source book about 7 years ago. So yes numbers may have changed. I
    tend to check numbers when I'm working on something though. So the
    transfer case and axle u joint numbers are the most recently checked.
    The paint codes are all old. A back burner project has been to go down
    and try to come up with new formula equivalents.

    TeriAnn