Re: [lro] Carb trouble

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 06:47:05 EST

    --- Matthew Kohr <matthewkohr@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > I think a rebuild of the carb is needed. I have a
    > new fuel pump and newish gas tank. I have adjusted
    > the timing, valves, and mixture.

    I hate to say this, but this still sounds like a fuel
    delivery rather than metering issue.

    If the jets and the like are clear (which they seem to be
    considering your indication that it runs OK in short
    bursts) I'd still be looking ahead of the carb or in the
    fuel flow path.

    When you swapped the pump did you actually check the fuel
    flow rate and pressure? ALso, did you check the line screen
    on the fuel dip tube in the tank?

                ajr

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....