Re: [lro] Alternate part front swivel U-joint.

From: David Scheidt (dmschei@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 01:05:01 EST

    >>According to TerriAnn's list
    >>(http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman/LR/LRpartNumbers.htm#ujoint)
    >>GKN U117
    >>If your parts place can't cross that, if you can get the old one
    >>out intact enough to measure, they can surely look it up that way.
    >
    >The ones on my LR came off the shelf at my local auto parts store (A
    >real one & not the chains)

    the problem with crossing part numbers is that they change. If GKN
    has changed their part numbering system, the old numbers get dropped
    from other makers cross-reference lists. That's why it's handy to
    have the (mundane) application for the part. If you know it fits a
    '74 Unthank Dragon, you'll be able to get regardless of what vendor
    you buy from and when.