Re: [lro] Torches ? (was Repairing holes in roof top)

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 12:07:42 EDT

    > "Jean-Leon Morin" <offroaddesign@softhome.net> wrote:
    >
    > >Trigger light is the way to go. You can use them to light everything from
    > >your woodstove to a cigarette, you'll never need a flint or a lighter in the
    > >shop again.
    >
    > Definitely. I don't know how that spark lighter can develop feet so
    > often...it runs off and hides in a different place each time....
    >
    > Cheers

    Many, many.....many moons ago when I took a welding class in Junior High I
    remember the shop teacher saying to only use a sparker and never use a lighter or
    match to light a torch. I am sure this is only because of the safety issue.
    I have fallen in love with the foot long lighter you find in fireplace stores and
    near the grilling charcoal. I keep a bunch in the shop, also have some near each
    fireplace. And it seems that when ever I need to use one, they have walked away.
    I went as far as dummy cording one to my tank cart. Of course when I needed one
    somewhere else I untied the welding one. Now I cant find that one grrrrr.

    So now you now the reason for the dual ignition system. That and I had a bunch of
    parts left over since I don't need no steenken sparkplugs anymore on the rover.
    Pete