[lro] Torches ? (was Repairing holes in roof top)

From: A. P. \ (apg4@mail.pinn.net)
Date: Thu Apr 24 2003 - 11:38:28 EDT

    "Tom Proctor" <t_proctor@advantechinternational.com>

    >I like the adhesive idea, and I've used many Siko products in a past life, so
    >I know that they'll work effectively. But I have to say that the Lumiweld has
    >caught my interest. I particularly like the practicing on soda cans, Sandy!

    Soda cans?!? Not around my house....

    AJR was right with the 'wiping' motion. I guess it is aluminium's rapid
    thermal transport that allows the Lumiweld to build up on the edge of the
    hole, allowing you to bridge a sizeable gap. I could punch and twist a
    hole in a *beer* can with a 1/2" chisel, 'weld' up the hole, then smack it
    smartly with a punch/hammer. The cans would crush and the welds never
    failed....

    "Jean-Leon Morin" <offroaddesign@softhome.net> wrote:

    >Trigger light is the way to go. You can use them to light everything from
    >your woodstove to a cigarette, you'll never need a flint or a lighter in the
    >shop again.

    Definitely. I don't know how that spark lighter can develop feet so
    often...it runs off and hides in a different place each time....

    Cheers