Re: [lro] Alternator conversion question

From: Bob & Sue Bernard (bobnsueb@saber.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 18:28:38 EDT

    At 02:16 PM 4/21/2003, you wrote:
    Actually, it appears it's not getting a voltage on the field (term?)
    Revving the engine doesn't give any change. It's probably just a bad
    connection somewhere that I haven't traced down. I don't know much about
    generators and I don't necessarily want to learn. I'd rather have proven,
    reliable tech.

    Hi,
    The field wire runs from the F terminal on the regulator to the F or
    smaller terminal on the generator. No where else. Easy to check for
    continuity. Other wise the regulator is bad.
    If you decide to burnish the contacts, disconnect the battery first!

    Bob B