Re: [lro] Alternator conversion question

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Mon Apr 21 2003 - 20:11:13 EDT

Problem found.

A corroded contact in the connector that goes into the back of the
generator. It's probably been like that for a while - but either the
movement of some other wires while I was messing with the starter this
weekend or just bad luck meant that the field was only getting about 1/3
the voltage it should. I cleaned it off twice and all of a sudden I got 10
V instead of 3.

Thanks for talking me off the ledge, folks :)

Keith