Re: [lro] Overbore 2.25?

From: Peter Ogilvie (roverhi@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 13:03:13 EST

    When you're talking the 2.25, the arguments for
    square, which it is, to under or over square are
    accademic. The shorter the stroke, in relation to the
    bore, the less rotating mass. Great for turning lots
    of RPM. A longer stroke in relation to bore is
    supposed to give benefits for slow speed torque
    situations though I don't understand why.

    Since the only way to get more displacement, beyond a
    modest bore increase, is to lengthen the stroke, a
    larger 2 1/4 will have longer stroke than bore.

    I'm sure the ACR engine is based on a 5 main block.
    Don't know whether the 2.5 block is all that much
    different than the 2 1/4. The increase in
    displacement in the 2.5 came from a lengthened stroke.

    Aloha
    Peter O.