Re: [lro] Overbore 2.25?

From: apsilon (apsilon@optusnet.com.au)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 04:57:57 EST

    > I had a 2.25 with +40 pistons in it, and 100 thou. off a 7:1 head
    >
    > Automotive Components have taken a 2.25 to 2.8!
    > (new crank, new pistons, overbored, etc :)

    +40 is about 1mm right? I already have an 8:1 head so I'd be reluctant to
    take it much higher..

    I know about that 2.8. Anyone know what bore and stroke they use to achieve
    that?

    I seem to recall reading somewhere that a "square" configuration is optimal.
    ie one where bore and stroke are equal or as close as possible. Does that
    sound right? This isn't an area that I've played with much in the past.

    Thanks