[lro] Re: See, it all figures...

From: Tim Czajka (timczajka@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 22:32:13 EST

    J-L wrote:
    >Am I going to explode if I do this? I figure that washing it should rid it
    >of a large percentage of vapour, and whatever is left would be
    >"popped" with a match before welding it. Welding a tank filled with water
    >sounds like a recipe for a brittle weld.

    Or you could get one of those little model rocket fuse/igniters and
    drop it in the fuel tank - attached to a reasonable length of speaker
    wire so you could go hide behind something sturdy. Then connect a
    nine volt battery and see what happens. If it does nothing you are
    safe to weld - if not you have an interesting story of how you blew
    up your fuel tank:)

    Tim Czajka
    1972 Series III 88