Re: [lro] Rhino-lining a SIII CSW

From: Patrick Parsons (patrickparsons@hawaii.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 18:22:40 EST

    On 3/10/03 1:06 PM, "Todd Vess" <toddvess@comcast.net> wrote:

    > Anyone out there Rhino-lined their Landy? I was thinking of having my 72
    > SIII 109" CSW's floors done from stem to stern. Easy to clean up and might
    > cut down on some noise, right? We had one of our fire dept. brush trucks
    > Rhino lined a couple of years ago and it's held up very well, even with the
    > abuse it gets subjected to.
    >
    > Thoughts, opinions, laughter, words of knowledge?

    I did a new 110 with Rhino Liner right after taking delivery.

    Took out the rear plastic window trim, seats, seat belts, floor boards
    (front and middle), tranny tunnel, etc.

    It was sprayed floor-to-window height.

    In retrospect, I would have taken the seatbox out, but didn't because I had
    to drive it to the liner place, sitting on a barely-screwed in seatbase,
    flintstone-style with all the floors out.

    I also had the bottom of the bonnet done.

    IMHO, it didn't do a whole lot to cut noise. It is quite dense and sound
    passes through ok. I did it for wear reasons, and for that it is excellent.

    On my 93 110, I used herculiner (DIY Kit) and have not been as happy. I now
    want to do a spray-in liner in the 93. I'll probably do "Lava-Liner" after I
    get the a/c sorted out <gasp!>. Yup. Sure is hot inside. Getting soft here.

    Hehehehe.

    --pat.