Re: [lro] Project Salisburly

From: Keith Kreutzer (keith_kreutzer@msn.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 22:18:33 EST

Don't pull the tubes on a D60 !!!! You are asking for big PITA!!!!
Here's a suggestion:
Since there is a lathe in the picture make flanges to fit the D60's that
match the Rover spindles, cut off the D60 tubes and weld on the flanges...
Now you pretty much have a Salisbury... For $75 or whatever... Plus if you
wanted to you could make the axle housing a little wider...
I did something similar making 14 bolt GM spindles to fit my Salisbury so i
could slap on an easy set of rear disc brakes....