Re: Re: [lro] Project Salisburly

From: cgj94@sympatico.ca
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 14:06:58 EST

    My opinion of axles has always been they are cheap and easy to replace,how strong do you have to make an axle before it is no longer the weak link in the drivetrain? and what is the next item to go bang?
    it may have been by accident but in my opinion Rover got it right.

    > From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
    > Date: 2003/03/09 Sun AM 09:59:15 EST
    > To: lro@koan.team.net
    > Subject: Re: [lro] Project Salisburly
    >

    > Wouldn't it be easier just to contact Bill at Great Basin Rovers and
    > order the bits for a 32 spline conversion for Salisbury?
    >
    > OR send to Australia for the bits to convert to a 32 spline conversion
    > for Salisbury?
    >
    > OR contact BCB and get on the list for early production of their not
    > yet in production 35 spline conversion for Salisbury?
    >
    > Seems to me any would achieve much stronger than stock axles at a
    > fraction of the effort.
    >
    > Is there something besides stronger than stock axles that you are after
    > I missed?
    >

    > TeriAnn J. Wakeman
    > Santa Cruz, California
    > http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman
    >
    > A member of the internet community since 1985.

    Chris Johnston
    Slll NADA SWB
    Discovery SD 4.0
    Landrover Adventure Accosiation Ontario.
    www.landroveradventure.com