RE: [lro] Roverdrive vs. High Ratio Transfer Box

From: Todd Schlemmer (nullman@centurytel.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 11:45:16 EST

    Hi Kurt

    I have a Roverdrive on OZF (it's great, I love it, etc, yada yada). The
    installations should be a mostly bolt-up operation, with a couple of
    exceptions:

    You will need a 2" hole on the right side of the transmission tunnel for the
    engagement lever. Which you may already have...
    Some vehicle have clearance issues with the hand brake shaft. Fix is to
    heat and bend out of the way, I believe.

    The biggest problem I ran into was the getting the durn coupling to mesh
    with the main shaft. Very tight clearances there, I think Ray has built a
    little more wiggle into the current batches.

    If I can tell you more, lemmeno

    Todd Schlemmer
    Vashon Island, WA
    www.ozedeph.com