Re: [lro] rebuild

From: apsilon (apsilon@optusnet.com.au)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 03:19:42 EST

    > I lost my air filter somewhere on Kane Creek

    Just another part left in the wake of a passing series truck, lol. Wasn't
    there a change in induction noise? What am I thinking, induction noise isn't
    an issue on these trucks.

    > So - in light of T-A's warning about disappearing gen-you-ine series parts
    > - what parts should be genuine and what can be aftermarket? I have what I
    > need to rebuild the head already, sitting around.

    Genuine and non genuine parts are still readily available here and probably
    more so in the UK. Other than the higher cost due to shipping I don't think
    anyone has too much cause for worry just yet. I can see series vehicles
    being on the roads for a few decades yet.

    Matt.
    Sydney Australia
    '75 Series III 88