[lro] rebuild

From: Keith Tanner (keith@miata.net)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 22:10:27 EST

    >Some compression, you say? Is an engine rebuild for Basil in the cards?

    It's the next thing required. I lost my air filter somewhere on Kane Creek
    when playing with Jim and didn't find out until I was back at camp. So
    Basil's unknown mileage 2.25 is now sucking up a fair bit of oil. I can
    live with it for the time being because I check over the truck at least
    once per tankful of gas, but I'd like a little more power to compensate for
    the altitude.

    So - in light of T-A's warning about disappearing gen-you-ine series parts
    - what parts should be genuine and what can be aftermarket? I have what I
    need to rebuild the head already, sitting around.

    Anyone got an 8:1 head I can use? Doesn't need to be complete, I'll use the
    valvetrain off my old one. But I want to get 9:1 after working it over.

    Keith