Re: [lro] seatbelts in 109

From: Joe Ward (jward@ventaso.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 12:57:45 EST

    "...The inners I fitted myself using M8 bolts and large circular
    washers on either side of the floor panel. They were much bigger than the
    L-R ones and bigger even on area than the mounts the UK motorsports people
    recommend for fitting multi-point harnesses to in rally cars and the like."

    I hope they were thicker as well as larger in diameter (don't ask me how I
    know).

    ASFAIK, the proper seatbelt anchors (which are readily available) mount
    through the intersection of the horizontal and vertical supports on the
    bottom of the floor panel, providing a much stronger anchorage than aluminum
    sheet, even aluminum sheet sandwiched between two washers.

    Joe Ward