Re: [lro] Fuel Contamination

From: Frank Elson (frank.elson@ntlworld.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 10:58:02 EST

    Steve writes: >>>I would think that I should change
    > the filter again if it gets water in it.<<<

    rather than change the filter why not pull in to the side of the road,
    whenever possible, when it exhibits these symptoms, and drain the filter
    with the tap underneath.

    It's a bit of a pain but, eventually you will have cleaned the water out of
    the whole tank.

    The only other way is to drain the tank completely, strain all the water out
    of the diesel... another pain.

    Just changing the filter won't be of any help so long as there is still some
    water in the tank.

    I don't want to suggest that it is the same problem we found on number one
    son's Ser3 at the weekend.
     We cleaned everything out, including the tank, bled everything, changed the
    filter and it still wouldn't run unless it was being pulled... new
    distributor pump anyone? Good job I've got three spares - one of the suckers
    must be a good one????

    Best Cheers

    Reverend Frank