[lro] Fuel Contamination

From: Steve Lister (steve_lister@voyager.net)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 10:01:44 EST

    After changing the fuel filter in my Series III 109 Diesel I experienced
    good results for awhile but then the thing began to exhibit the same
    problems I was having before the change which seemed to be fuel
    starvation. The old filter had some nasty looking stuff come out of it
    so I had assumed my problem was simply the fuel filter and since it ran
    so well after changing it I thought I had fixed the problem. I am now
    suspecting that I got a bad tank of diesel fuel on my last fill up. Is
    there any additive that "dries" out diesel? The symptoms are that the
    thing runs fine at idle but as revs increase the engine wants to die.
    It also seems to be worse when the vehicle is heading up a hill. The
    second question would be is there any fuel filter available at American
    parts stores that fit the Rover since I would think that I should change
    the filter again if it gets water in it.

    Regards,
    Steve