[lro] continuing gearbox fun

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 09:47:49 EST

    Well everybody,
    As luck would have it, after putting the whole gearbox together, I got
    that e-mail from Bill Leacock telling me that if there's more than a few
    thou of axial play in the front mainshaft bearing, it's shot. Mine
    probably has close to 1/8".

    So today instead of putting this tranny in, I'll be tearing it apart
    again. At least I'm single and can do this on my coffee table in the
    warmth.

    HERE's MY QUESTION: Does anyone have a knackered clutch disc they'd like
    to donate/loan to a good cause? I need one to get the mainshaft bearing
    nut off the mainshaft and have no clue what I did w/ my old one.

    Many thanks,

    bill