Re: [lro] New Rover needs help - engine seized ???

From: Robert S. Cascaddan (scaddan@pacifier.com)
Date: Sat Jan 18 2003 - 12:45:22 EST

    I have always read that the way to free a seized engine is to remove the
    head, fill it with a 50-50 mixture of kerosene and diesel fuel, let it sit
    for a few days to a week, then use a piece of wood and a hammer to give each
    piston a single tap each day until the engine turns free. I have never had
    the opportunity to free a seized engine, however.

    Robert S. Cascaddan, MBA
    scaddan@pacifier.com

    Author of:
    Revolutionary Changes Ahead for Motorcycling
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/

    Articles:
    "Disruptive Technology = Revolutionary Changes"
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/disruptive.htm

    "Attracting a New Generation of Riders to the Sport of Motorcycling"
    http://home.pacifier.com/~scaddan/new_riders.htm