Re: [lro] Tires, gearshifts and ether.

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 13:03:23 EST

    John, Al, David, et al.

    Nope, didn't blow myself up this time (although one of my mitts with the
    fingers cut out of them did catch fire due to the matches for the propane
    torch). It started just fine and I took off. However, Alan, I think a 45
    gallon drum with ACME ETHER painted on it would be a good joke for winter
    romp. I've gotta start looking for a suitable container.

    The clutch pedal is lighter than it used to be, I think that the salt and
    mud I cleaned out of there might have something to do with it ;-)

    Surprisingly, I took 60 mile round trip last night to get to a friend's
    house, in damn cold weather, and it didn't miss a beat. Who wants to bet
    that when I run out to it today, the batteries shorted out and it HAS been
    reduced so a thin outline of black...

    J-L...