Re: [lro] 2.25 pushrods and milling heads etc.

From: Alan J. Richer (mrchurchill109@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 10:04:07 EST

    --- Kirk Hillman <hillman88@telus.net> wrote:

    > if you talked to Mr. Turner
    > there is some
    > imminent engine failure due you in 10,000 miles.

    Hmmmm. I need to examine this myself. I'm more tempted to
    believe the first, especially as the amount of adjustment
    actually available in the rocker is far greater than the
    height change in either scenario.

    I think (again, got to have a look at an assembled engine
    when the weather warms a bit) that you should be able to
    adjust out the difference or at least a large majority of
    it. The 2.25 is a very understressed design...

    Having seen first-hand the quality of some of Mr. Turner's
    output (hello, Jeff!) I'm less inclined to believe him than
    I am others.

    =====
    The journey is the destination. Anything else is illusion.

    Please ignore the following advertising.....
    http://mailplus.yahoo.com